Insulated Basement Contractors Near Oklahoma City, Tulsa, and Edmond
ThermalDry® Insulated Floor Decking™: Superior finished floor decking
It’s happened in thousands of basements: Homeowners pay good money to have attractive flooring installed, only to see this investment ruined by mold and moisture damage. The fact is that building materials (like framing lumber and plywood subflooring) that work well on the upper levels of your house can fail miserably in the basement. Plumbing leaks, spills, high humidity, and dampness from your concrete slab can all result in moisture damage and a mold infestation.
Wouldn’t it be great to install basement flooring that’s immune to mold and moisture damage? It would also be great if your floor could be comfortably warm instead of cold. ThermalDry® Insulated Floor Decking™ is designed to provide both of these important benefits.
Why choose ThermalDry® Insulated Floor Decking™?
- More comfort & energy efficiency. A continuous layer of rigid foam insulation will keep your floors warm and help cut your home heating bills.
- No worries about mold or moisture damage. Wood subflooring is often ruined by mold and rot. ThermalDry® Floor Decking is made from inorganic materials that won’t attract mold or be damaged by moisture.
- Versatile. Use ThermalDry® Floor Decking in basements or anywhere you want to install flooring over a concrete slab.
- Quick to install. With ThermalDry® Decking, you install insulation and underlayment in a single step, with no fasteners required.
- Greater headroom. Save a full inch of basement ceiling height compared to a built-up wood floor.
What it does:
ThermalDry® Basement Floor Matting consists of interlocking waterproof tiles that create a warmer floor surface and form a vapor barrier on your basement floor.
By installing this system underneath your basement carpet, you protect it from the constant flow of water vapor that passes through the concrete below. This moisture would otherwise be absorbed by your carpeting and padding, leading to mold, rot, odors, and damp carpeting underfoot!
ThermalDry® Basement Floor Matting installs on a basement floor quickly -- most often in less than a day -- without grouts or adhesives. You'll be able to walk on this floor or begin the installation of your carpeting right away! Each ThermalDry® installation includes a written warranty.
Advantages of ThermalDry® Floor Matting:
ThermalDry® Basement Floor Matting not only protects your carpet from moisture damage, it also makes your basement floor a warmer, more comfortable surface. With a special grid pattern on the bottom of the tile, an air space is created below each tile. This air space creates a thermal break on your basement floor, making the surface of ThermalDry® Basement Floor Matting 8-10 degrees warmer than the cold concrete below.
ThermalDry® Basement Floor Matting is a unique waterproofing product because it contains no chipboard, wood, or organic materials in its design. Additionally, it creates a vapor barrier on your basement floor -- one that will not let damaging water vapor pass through and reach your carpet -- so the water vapor has an air space to move around and dry out. Water from surprise groundwater leaks or plumbing leaks will not damage this basement floor.