When it comes time for home, foundation, or concrete repairs, those are all significant projects. Choosing a trustworthy, qualified company can be stressful. But how can you choose the right one to help provide you and your family with peace of mind. Browsing through the reviews of the company you are looking forward to using is a good starting point. We have also listed several ways to help choose the best contractor to help with your home.
Using these steps may help you choose or narrow down your options:
1. Ask your family and friends for referrals.
- When you ask your friends and families about these companies they may have used or heard of before, it may help narrow down who to use and who to avoid. If they were happy with the results, why not add them to your list!
2. Figure out if these companies are licensed and insured
- Try only to hire contractors who are appropriately licensed. Also, make sure that the company is adequately insured for their employees if any accidents occurred to them or the property.
3. Build a list of resources
- Scroll through their reviews from the BBB, Google, Yelp, and any other trusted sources that they may be listed on. You will have to dedicate some time to do a little research on potential companies. For example: Check out our reviews that were given to us by our customers!
What to avoid from any company
1. When they present abnormal payment terms
- Try to avoid companies that may give a discount when you pay in cash.
- Also, try to avoid a contractor who asks you to make a total payment upfront in cash.
- Most foundation repair companies will have installment payments.
2. When they have zero testimonials
- Most companies will have at least a few testimonials from their customers. If the company does not have any available testimonials to show on their website or social media, you should look the other way.